Monday, March 28, 2011

A Supernatural Peace




Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.


This morning was an unusual morning for me. Usually, the kids have the household bustling by 6:30—but the girls slept in this morning. I had time to wake up, to slowly start my day. Add in some prayer time and I am at peace this morning.


I looked around at my somewhat messy house and decided it was all okay. It would get done. I smiled at the kids vying for my attention and spent some much needed time with them. I nestled on the couch with the family and read a book while they watched cartoons. Life is good. My mind is at peace.


Last night, though, I spent time talking with a new friend of mine. Her precious daughter has been in the hospital for almost two days now. She has a high temperature, dehydration, and a rapid heart rate. The doctors believe it is some sort of infection, but they can’t find it. Amidst the terror and the waiting, my friend appeared to be keeping it all together, remaining optimistic—and I was in awe.


Now, I’m sure she’s had her share of tears over the last 36 hours. I’m sure she’s worried and wishes God would just touch her daughter with His healing hands. But she still has a sense of peace around her. She trusts God. She knows that her friends and family are praying for her little girl. In the middle of the storm, she trusts that God will calm the waves. And in return, God gives her the sense of peace that surpasses all understanding (Phil 4:7).


Peace comes in different forms for different people at different times. Notice the word “different”? This month on EEE, we’ll be exploring peace and how it applies to our everyday lives and our relationships. We’ll be sharing stories of peace, or lack thereof, as well as practical advice and Biblical principles.


When you think of peace, what comes to mind?

2 comments:

  1. Peace comes with Authority! For me it means resting in God's promises that even when things look crazy and out of control, it will be alright and my heart rests with joy knowing that all things work out for my best! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, peace comes with reasurrence. I kind of imagine God filling me with it, and I can relax, knowing He loves me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Please be considerate and respectful. Any distasteful comments will be deleted.