Friday, March 4, 2011

Make a Joyful Noise


As the weekend approaches, I'm in a whirl of excitment. We are finally getting our house next week. In case you didn't know, in January my family and I arrived in Hawaii, where we'll be for the next three years (my husband is in the military). We've been in a hotel ever since. It's been a frustrating experience, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Praise the Lord!

So, today, let's make a joyful noise! Not just for me, but for each other. I am far from a feminist, but I still think we need to rejoice in the fact that we are women. God made each of us unique in powerful ways. We have so much potential when we open ourselves up to God's purpose for us.

We are strong! Who else could endure running a household, work, family, ministry...all while cramping and bloating? Yeah!

We are nurtuters! Not only did God build in the natural instincts to take care of our families--it goes far beyond that--we help others. We extend our light to friends and even strangers.

We travel in packs! Okay, men make fun of us because we do everything together. We laugh/cry together, we shop together, we workout together, we even go to the restroom together. Well, we're social creatures, what do they expect?

We are emotional! Just another God-given ability. We are emotional for good reason, it gives us a supernatural knack for relating to other people.

That's just a short list of what makes women so wonderful. I'm sure I could go on and on, but then I would potentially bore you. I rejoice in the wonderful femmes that God has placed in my life over the years. Some were only there for a season, some are closer than sisters. That's pretty amazing for a girl who turned her nose up at the other girls in high school.

So, call up a girlfriend and make a joyful noise. Tell her how awesome she is and how much you value your friendship. Another thing about women, we never get tired of hearing how much we mean to someone!

5 comments:

  1. Hello there from California, i will be moving to hawii at the end of april early may, my future husband is also in the military and i'm hearing all these stories about housing. Are the waiting lists really that long?? I loved reading your post btw it gave me a little bit of value to being a woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Marissa! Welcome to the blog...and to life as a military wife! I'm glad you enjoyed the post for today! The waiting lists are kind of long...most people moving to Schofield are waiting about a month to 6 weeks, sometimes longer (we've been waiting for three months--but that's mostly due to some extenuating circumstances). Is your husband Army?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post, Ralene!:) I am so grateful for your friendship and celebrating being women, mothers, wives, writers and lovers of God together. There is no greater joy than a friend:) Thanks for sharing and for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha!! Yay for girls :) It's scary how many of the above characteristics match me :D

    I'll call up a girlfriend. I'll call you..."Hi Ralene! When was the last time I told you how awesome you are? Well, you are! And I really value your friendship, mate." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimchi, I agree. I am so blessed that God put you in my life for more than a season!

    Yeah, Kurt, you're just one of the girls. lol... Have I told you how awesome YOU are?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Please be considerate and respectful. Any distasteful comments will be deleted.