Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Joy Comes...


You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.  Psalm 16:11
Joy comes when I see my sweet 3-year old little girl try to crack eggs by herself and smile with pride.
Joy comes when my oldest son says to me, “ Mom, I love you!” for no apparent reason.
Joy comes when my teenage daughter calls me up and asks me to go prom dress shopping with her.
Joy comes when my husband tells me I am beautiful when I don’t feel so beautiful.
Joy comes when a perfect stranger compliments me.
Joy comes when my youngest son asks me to play Star Wars Clone Wars!
Joy comes when I laugh so hard it makes me cry.
Joy comes when I can pour a cup of coffee and enjoy it in peace.
Joy comes when I get alone with my Heavenly Father and pour out my heart in real ways and He always responds with, “I love you my daughter!”
Joy comes when I read a passage of scripture and it grabs hold of my heart and heals me instantly!!
Joy comes when I can let my failures go and admit that I am not perfect and am a work in progress!
Joy comes knowing that when I am not enough, God is!
Joy comes when I wake up to bacon cooking!
Joy comes when the news broadcasts destruction around the world, but my family is safely home with me.
Joy comes when I find money in the dryer, especially when it is enough to buy a Starbuck’s!
Joy comes when my husband puts on his uniform and stands for freedom and what he believes in.
Joy comes when a friend calls me up crying and I can give her encouragement through a prayer.
Joy comes when I can let my oldest grow up and leave the nest and trust God with her life!
Joy comes when my children cry and are hurting and all they want is me.
Joy comes when I see my parents with their grandchildren.
Joy comes when I am not the one shoveling the 10 inches of snow in the driveway of my Kansas home.
Joy comes when a recipe goes well the FIRST time I make it.
Joy comes when no one seems to understand me, but God does!
Joy comes knowing that no matter what happens in my life, I have a Savior who is there for me and is willing to pour out His grace and mercy day and night and offer me more when needed!
Joy comes when forgiveness from a friend was given to me when I needed it.
Joy comes when I can get on my treadmill and hit my 30 minute goal mark.
Joy comes when my hair decided to cooperate for once.
Joy comes when I can call a dear friend and she will drop her life and listen to mine.
Joy comes when I see soldiers returning home to their families at the airport!
Joy comes when someone I barely know trusts me to pray for them.
Joy comes when I have prayed for someone and the prayer was answered.
Joy comes with knowing that I am loved even on my worse day!
Joy comes because I choose to look for it and  I know the ONE who gives it.   What joys do you cherish and will it last for eternity?

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!!! That was exactly what I was thinking about yesterday! If we are looking for the Lord, WOWZA do we find Him or what?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Please be considerate and respectful. Any distasteful comments will be deleted.