Friday, March 18, 2011

Photos Galore!

You know what is one nice thing about unpacking? Going through your old stuff. I mean, like mementos and stuff as you find new places to store them. Today, I started going through several boxes that hold my photo albumns and other picture holders (Yes, I have a ton!).

I have photos dating all the way back to grade school, ever since my parents got me my first camera. Now, don't think I took up photography or anything, I just like taking pictures, so they definitely aren't professional or anything.

Still, there's something about going through photos that brings a smile to my face. Such innocence, such simplicity. Was it really worth all that drama? (referring to those high school years) So many people have come and gone in my life, and it's nice sometimes to go look over the snapshots to remember the footprints they left in my life--good or bad.

I've always been a people-oriented person, so it's no surprise that it is people who lend me strength, hope, encouragement. I think the worse thing for me is to shut myself up away from the world (which, oddly, I have a habit of doing). It is definitely no wonder that the people in my life are my joy. Any one person can bring a smile to my face with just a hello.

And as I flip through the photos, it is nice to be reminded of how far I've come as a person myself. The maturity overall, and as a friend to others. Looking back, I am blessed by all the people God placed in my life. As the saying goes, some were only for a season, but others are there for a lifetime.

Do you have a box(es) of photos that you go through? How often do you go through them? Been through them lately? Why/why not?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ralene. Its melissa( i dont have an account so i think it wont show my name but hey i dont know lol) Anyways-I went through my old pictures looking to see if I had high school pictures of my boyfriend and I do! Weird right? But I also have pictures of us in the street on brockman in our band uniforms! Those days were so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa! Oh my gosh...so long ago! lol... Here's to old friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Please be considerate and respectful. Any distasteful comments will be deleted.