Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hot Confessions...


Ha- I thought the title would grab your attention! –lol  
            Recently, I’ve decided to take some lessons in writing because I want to improve my skills.  My goal is to edit my own papers and feel more confident over all.   I’ve asked a friend of mine, Ana, to help me in this endeavor- God help her!  She comes to my house once a week and I’ve enjoyed the one on one mentoring.  We’ve had a few laughs as I’ve fumbled my way through: apostrophes, commas, colons, and hyphens.  This is treacherous ground for the weak hearted!  But, I appreciate someone who can have fun and teach at the same time. 
            She has been good for me because of her no-nonsense approach.   Trust me, I need it!  I have the same teaching style when dealing with others.   There is only one small problem; I can’t get anything past this girl.  Believe me-I’ve tried!   I guess the Lord knew who to send me. She is helping me stretch into new places as a writer, and I am grateful for the challenge.  However, my flesh and insecurities still get the best of me at times. Yet, she is there to kick the faith into me.   Yesterday was one of those days.  My friend asked me, “Do you think you are good writer?”  Bewildered, I sat there for a moment unable to answer.  Define good, please, I thought.    Honestly, I couldn’t answer that question with confidence.  “Sometimes, I think I am.”  She responded something to the point, “Why write if you don’t believe in yourself?”   Ouch-that hurt! But, she was right.   It was the hit between the eyes that made me see my lack of faith.  I thought of Jesus touching the blind man’s eyes and healing him instantly.   Matthew 9:29 says,   “Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you.”   I wanted healing in this area…
            For the rest of the day, I prayed this up to the Lord, asking Him what my problem was.  His answer, “You’re the problem!”  Ouch, again!   Proverbs 23:7 says, “As He thinks in his heart, so he is.”  The revelation...I had no faith in my writing.  Worse than that, I’ve not believed that God could overcome my weakness. Hello?   This may come to a surprise to some of you who know me.  I usually am the faith girl.  However, did I mention for everyone else?  Don’t get me wrong, I’ve taken small steps with my writing through the years, but God was showing me a heart issue that was keeping me back.   I had believed a lie that I was not a good writer.  If God made me, then everything about me is good-including my writing! 
            After seeing my lack of faith, I confessed it to the Lord immediately.  There is power in confession because it helps you come out of sin and into the truth that empowers you! God is so gracious to forgive us quickly and completely.  Fear is the opposite of faith and it is a sin; God commands us to have faith.   Once I confessed, I felt free to take on a new mind set.  It was as if I could literally  feel God remove that old wineskin, so that I can have provision to hold some new wine.  Let the new wine flow, Lord!  I was grateful for the revelation of my heart and even more grateful to my friend for revealing it to me.  Thank you, Ana!
            Today, what confessions do you need to make when it concerns faith?  Where are you struggling?  Allow God’s love to empower you today with the truth of His word.  Get the revelation and love the confession- I know I do!
           

4 comments:

  1. I would have to say that one of my confessions for today will be that of judgment .Growing up through out my entire life I was told by many even those who love me that your apperence is everything .And so every time some one passed a judgment on me I always felt that I was never good enough in this area or that and I needed to change .Now although I am trying to better my self as a child of God and do what it is that he wants of me , I always wonder in the back of my mind "why doesnt this person like me ?" or "why would a person say mean and hateful things about me when they dont know me ?" "and do I really come off to people in certian ways ?" Its these insecurities like these that bring me down and keep me from moving foward in certian aspects of my life . I know whole heartedly that Jesus loves me and made me the way I am . And I understand that others might not get "me". But every now and then theres always that twinge of a comment that sets my insecurities in motion, and it becomes a snow ball affect on independence and thrive for everything involving my life.

    And like Kim said , its nice when the Lord sends that person into your life to help you kick you faith back in place .. It doesnt always happen to me but I am thankful when it does .Because it opens my eyes again to the bigger picture out there .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, Thanks for sharing from the heart. I think we all have struggled with this at some point in our walk. However, the great news is that the more we come to know Christ and understand our identity in Him and who He has called us to be, the more we walk in and believe these truths. I know I have struggled like you in this area and it has taken me years to overcome rejection. I have slowly learned to take hold of God's truth over my life daily. Some days are easier than others, but the point is I make it a choice and a point to believe what God says rather than man OR even myself! Hold those thoughts captive, sis to what people say about you because they are all lies from the pit of Satan! Remember how I mentioned in the blog that what you think of yourself , so you are? If you believe those things to be true then they are. Cast those lies down, you are forgiven and perfect in God's eyes!! Renew your mind with what God says about you. I literally have scriptures posted throughout my house to remind me and I I recite them daily. Here is one I want to leave for you today out of 1 Peter 2:9-10)
    Jessica, you ARE a CHOSEN race, a ROYAL priesthood, a Holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellence of Him who has called YOU out of the darkness into His marvelous light, for you were once not a people BUT NOW ou ARE the people of God. You had not received mercy, but NOW, JESSICA, you do! I would LOVE to be that person for you, so pick a time during the week, maybe Thursday mornings would be great for me and we can start getting together!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this. I totally get having faith for everyone else! And yeah, I'm the problem sometimes too. Thank goodness, the Lord helps us realize our weaknesses and promises, so tenderly, to be with us and help us grow strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Jill!:)So glad I am not the only one-lol! Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Please be considerate and respectful. Any distasteful comments will be deleted.