Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Fun with Love


Learning to
Overlook
Vain
Expectations

I wrote this poem-thingie when I was in high school and had it posted to my mirror. It is a good reminder of both what love is and what it isn't. It isn't superficial, it doesn't judge. It is encouraging, kind, and all the other things you find in 1 Corintians 13.

So, now we're going to celebrate love with a party and a contest!

You can read the rules for our Valentine's Quote Contest in yesterdays post. I've brought the scrumptious looking snacks pictured above. Join us!

Here are the first quotes. We'll start off easy with some fun ones. You can answer one, or all. Whatever you think you know! Leave your answer(s) in the comment box along with what dessert you're bringing to share.

1. "Death can not stop true love, it can only delay it for a little while"

2. "If I tell you I love you, can I keep you forever?"

3. "Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it."

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, Toad!! Where have all the competitive women Gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'll have to try easier quotes tomorrow. I was trying to not be generic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is on like Donkey Kong!!!

    xoxox
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha remember that movie !! That has always been my favorite move as a little girl . I was never much for disney . But im young enough to be able to quote # 2 .. that is the movie Casper !

    Back then Deven Sawar was the cutest !

    and my desert would have to be Double fudge Brownies !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody(Toad) you are too funny girl! Carlin-lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Jess! You got #2--it's Casper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Please be considerate and respectful. Any distasteful comments will be deleted.