Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Familiar Peace


Facebook has literally changed the way we communicate with people.  Long gone are the days of sending cards, letters and e-mails .  It is a fabulous resource for staying connected, especially for me –the military wife-- I appreciate it!  Saying goodbye is a way of life for me, and it doesn’t matter how many times I have to do it—it never gets any easier!  However,  Facebook has  helped close the gap, and I continue to enjoy  old friends I’ve met along the way. 
                While on Facebook a week ago, I found out that one of my old acquaintances  is moving to Leavenworth.  My heart rejoiced knowing that I would see her bright and smiling face again.  She is a joy to be around ,and I looked forward to reconnecting again.  What is it about knowing someone and them knowing you that brings  peace and joy?
                Some how  it reminds me of my Heavenly Father- my friend.  Psalm 139:3 says, “You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.”   I love that God knows me and is familiar with me daily: the good, the bad and even the ugly.   How is  it possible that He wants to remain knowing and loving me?  At times, familiarity can bring a form of peace, but God is  perfect peace that lasts!   We have a relationship that stays connected, even when I move. I don't have to find  Him on Facebook to reconnect.  Yet , I can call upon Him anytime, and that familiar love is rekindled instantly. I can move across the nation and it doesn’t change my relationship with Him--whatsoever!   He is a constant, familiar  friend whose love never fails or changes! I am grateful He is one friend I will never have to say farewell to.  
Today, in what ways do you  need to reconnect with God ?  Allow yourself to re-familiarize yourself with His love, grace and peace.  The great thing about God is that you don’t have to log onto a computer to see His latest status or reconnect. His status  remains the same, “I love you and will always be your friend!” 
  

1 comment:

  1. During the move, I kind of let my relationship with God fall to the wayside as I dealt with...well, all that comes with an oversea move. Over the last couple of weeks, I've rediscovered the joy of spending time with the Lord--esp in the morning and before I go to sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Please be considerate and respectful. Any distasteful comments will be deleted.