Monday, February 13, 2012

Purposed with Love--Characteristic Number One...



I’m happy to say that I’m writing this blog while my kiddos are out enjoying the snow filled day that God has provided for them.  The winter wonderland has afforded me some temporary solace because it means that they are outside and I’m inside—need I say more?  So, I’m going to take full advantage of this time and hopefully encourage you on this cold  Monday.

Last week, I left you with some soothing truth that I hope you were able to slather all over your thoughts.  Hopefully, it left you feeling pampered. We discussed being the bride of Christ.  We learned that God chose us and desires for us to have an intimate relationship with Him.  Most of us get that but to what level of understanding does it affect us in our daily walk with Him?  Simply, does it affect you enough to give you purpose with your life and are you doing something with it daily?

You see, it’s great that we get that God loves us but there is more to our destiny in Him than that. Trust me, love is enough, but God wants you to tap into the benefits of that love while here on earth.  Your destiny is wrapped up in that love.  I believe that becoming a true bride means you embrace this love with vigor and purpose.  So, I introduce to you characteristic number one--every bride has a purpose! 
  
  His love is not like a Valentine’s day card to just savor,although it's nice to keep reminding yourself of it.  His love for you should  get you motivated each day to get up and give that love away over and over for the Kingdom of God. That can look differently for everyone.  For some it means just being a mother, a teacher, a speaker of God's Word, a soldier or simply a military wife.  Whatever that looks like or where you are at, there is a purpose for your life.   Do you get what I’m saying here?  Love compels you into action- glorifying God along the way. You don't have to have some big tv ministry or hold some position at church for God to use you. He will happily use you wherever you are.  Once you get this truth—everything changes.  Waking up in the morning should be exciting because you know there are things that God has set you apart for you to do for Him.   God’s truth and love transforms  and purpose you.   

 Do you understand what it means to be truly set apart for His glory?  Some have a clue, while others are still just trying to embrace the whole love/grace thing.  I get it.  It’s taken me years to really grasp hold of  what it means to be hand-picked by God.  Don’t get me wrong, I love that God loves me and that is more than enough for me, but that love is not to be taken lightly because to whom much is given, much is required.  His love for me has radically changed me so much that I can’t just sit around  like a fat little puppy and lap it up all day.  Instead,  I’m motivated to give it out daily. It’s never just about us, but rather that His love has greater purpose and I get it—finally! There is a plan in action for each of us  in this crazy thing called love.  For me, I'm a simple  homemaker and homeschool mother.  Also, I'm a military wife.  I hold no paying job or have any high status(except that I'm a daughter of the most High God), I simply have allowed God's truth to define me and  with that comes purpose.  Some may look at my life and all it boring, but I dare say, it's not because God is involved.-lol... Ask anyone who has a relationship with God and they will tell you there is no boredom in the Kingdom, only adventure!

I  try and use these truths in all  the areas of influence in my life.  As you can see, writing is one of those ways  I try and do this.  Other days, it's simply just listening to another struggling mother  or wife who needs some encouragement over  some coffee and chocolate(c'mon you know chocolate is always a part of my life!).

 In Ephesians 1:4 it says, “ For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love, He predestined us to be adopted as His sons/daughters through Christ.”  Blameless? Spotless?  The Amplified bible says it this way, “ Even as [ In His Love] He chose us[ actually handpicked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundations of the world that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for him) and blameless in His sight, even as reproach, before Him in love.”

After reading that truth, are you excited? I am!   Let’s look at another truth that will help you continue to  see and begin to  rejoice in knowing that you are made with loving  purpose.   1 Peter 2:9 says, “ But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation,[God’s own purchased, a special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfection of Him who called you of darkness into HIS marvelous light.”   Did you know that in ancient Jewish traditions, the father of the bride often chose the bride for his son and the son was required to pay a bride price for her that was set by the father of the Bride?  Doesn’t this sound familiar with what God has done for you by using  Jesus dying on the cross for you?  Jesus paid the bride price for you.  Simply, because you are worth it and He loves you. 

So, as you can see, you’re the one--He has chosen you!  You came at a high price, but you were absolutely, without a doubt- worth it to God.  Please let that truth sink in today—you’re worth it!   Can you say that aloud to yourself.  Try it--it feels good and it sounds even better! God handpicked you to be His bride even before the foundations of this world were ever laid into existence.  You have been and will always be on His mind. 

What are you going to do with this truth today?  Will you allow it to change how you feel about yourself, your life and circumstances right now?   I pray that it will sink into those deep places in your heart that might need some soothing truth.  I pray it  will give you purpose for everything up to this point in your life.  There is hope in being  hand chosen as His bride,my friend!  

  Revelations 19:7 says, “Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory for the wedding of the Lamb has come and His bride(you) has made herself ready.”   I’m believing that each of God’s brides will be unveiled this season and she will begin take up her rightful position next to HIM and rejoicing that she is purposed with love. You , my friend, are one of His brides. Stop doubting and start rejoicing because you have a purpose in His amazing plan of love....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please be considerate and respectful. Any distasteful comments will be deleted.