Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Jealous for God?


The past month has been a whirlwind for myself and my family.  As most of you know, we packed up the house, the 3 kids, dog, 2 cars and moved from Kansas back to Savannah.  During this time we have unpacked, vacationed in Florida and have had company visiting.  Needless to say, my time with God has not been what I hoped for each day, but that’s okay because there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.  Although, I didn’t get as much time in the Word each day , I was still talking to God daily in my thoughts and prayers.  I even did devotions with my hubby and kids, but it still wasn’t the same as when I’m alone with my King!  It simply was wasn’t enough for me because I’m the type of person who loves to just linger and take all the time I need to be with my Savior daily.  There is nothing like being in His all consuming presence, to hear His still small voice and be filled up with His  love and truth.   It’s priceless and in the end, I realized I was jealous for God!

 I missed just being alone with God without the distractions of people and life. It reminds me of how I feel about being with my husband at times.  I couldn’t wait to get the house unpacked and the hubby back to work.  Yikes, I hope that doesn’t sound bad, but I think some of you know what I mean because when you have experienced intimacy with God there is nothing like it!  There was a place in my heart that couldn’t wait to be with God alone again.   In essence, I was jealous for Him! I smile just saying that because  this is a good thing!  Today was the first day in three weeks where I’ve had the opportunity to sit again with my Heavenly groom and I can honestly tell you there is nothing like it! I hope He missed me as much as I missed Him. 

Are you jealous for God and the things of God? If not, then what is keeping you from longing for that quiet, intimate time with Him lately?  What obstacles are keeping you from His presence today?  My prayer is that each of you would learn to be jealous for Him like He is jealous for time with you.  May you find the time you need today to sit before Him so He can express to you His love for you today!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please be considerate and respectful. Any distasteful comments will be deleted.